Facility: OrthoIndy Northwest, Indianapolis, IN
Department: OR Techs
Shift Details: Full time, Non-Exempt; variable hours, call requirements, Mon-Fri
Compensation Range: $21-33/hour + Benefits (M,D,V), 401k Match, Profit Share, OrthoRewards, Annual Merit Increase, Paid Short-Term Disability, PTO, holiday pay; hourly rate determined by years of related experience and education level, and work with some of the fine orthopaedic surgeons!
At OrthoIndy everything we do is about creating a caring, connected and committed workforce that directly improves the quality of life for our employees and customers.
Be a part of something great!
General Statement of Duties:
The OrthoIndy Certified Surgical First Assistant (CSFA) provides direct surgical first assisting to the surgeons in the Operative Room when assistance is not provided by Residents, Fellows, or Physician Private Staff. Our goal is to have our department revenue producing for our organization. The position performs preoperative and postoperative duties to facilitate patient care. As defined by the American College of Surgeons (ACS), surgical assistants provide aid in exposure, hemostasis, closure, and other intraoperative technical functions that help the surgeon carry out a safe operation with optimal results for the patient. In addition to intraoperative duties, the surgical assistant also performs preoperative and postoperative duties to better facilitate proper patient care. The surgical assistant performs these functions during the operative under the direction and supervision of the surgeon and in accordance with hospital policy and appropriate laws and regulations.
- Peri-Operative – Directly first assists the Surgeon. Time-outs with surgical draping, operation exposure openings, procedure exposure and fixation. Supports closure of patient wound or wounds, dressing wounds sites.Assists with casting, splinting, or post-surgical devices if needed.
- Assists Operating Room Staff, including the Registered Nurse and Anesthesia, with obtaining supplies, equipment, and instruments needed for surgery. Checks Physician preference cards.
- Assist the Anesthesia providers with IVs and intubation as needed.
Allays the patient’s fears before surgery.
- Assist with patient positioning and surgical skin prepping.
- Post-Operative – Moves the patient from the surgical table to the patient cart. Assists with transportation of patient to the recovery room.
- Decontamination of Operating Room (Turn-Overs) – Turns over the Operating Room and assists with cleaning the tables, floor, trash, and linen with staff as needed.
- High Diploma/GED or Specialty Training beyond high school required
- Associates Degree preferred
- Certified First Assistant Certification required
- Certified Surgical Assistant required
- CPR Certification required
- 1-2 years of First Assistant experience required; 2-4 preferred
OrthoIndy is an Equal Opportunity Employer
To apply for this job please visit the following URL: http://www.jobs.net/j/JIrBTyzK →